2.文化交流有助于相互了解。(Cultural exchanges make for//are beneficial to//are conducive to mutual understanding.)
3.我认为我们可以和他们做生意,但在做出任何举动之前我们需要派个人去进一步摸摸情况。(I think we can do business with them, but we need to send someone to spy out the land before any further step is taken.)
4.银行结算单使你清楚你的钱是怎么花的。(Bank statements help you keep track of where your money is going.)
5.我可以听到他们在压低了声音说话,但听不清他们在说些什么。(I could hear them talking in very low voice, but I can’t make out what they are talking.)
6.他颇带讽刺地冲我笑了一下,这使我真的很不舒服。(He cast me a sarcastic smile which made me really uncomfortable.)
7.‘你认为我们的电脑在夜里这么晚了还喜欢工作吗?就我所知,它想睡觉了。’我讽刺地对还在打电脑游戏的儿子说道。(‘Do you think our computer enjoys working at such a late hour of the night? I think, to the best of my knowledge, it wants to go to bed’ I said sarcastically to my son who was still playing computer games.)
8.从那时起,这座伟大的纪念碑对通过纽约港来到美国安家落户的千百万人来说就成了一个自由的象征。(Ever since then, the great monument has been a symbol of liberty for the millions of people who have passed through New York Harbor to make their homes in America.)
9.他跟别人说话总喜欢带一种教训人的语气。(He likes to speak to others in an instructive tone.)
10.全世界都屏息而待,看哪个城市会赢得2010年世博会的承办权。(All the world held its breath to see which city would win the right to host the 2010 World Exposition.)
11.赛跑运动员们脚尖抵着起跑线准备起跑。(The runners toed the line, ready to start.)
12.建议漂亮女性与自己的男性上司保持一定距离。(It is suggested that beautiful females should keep their male bosses at arm’s length.)
13.我想提醒我们中那些说的多做的少的人,你们的职位不可能永远为你们保留着。(I want to remind those among us who say a lot but do very little that your positions cannot be kept for you forever.)
14.映入眼帘的景象使我不禁倒吸一口凉气。(I gasped with shock at the scene coming into my eyes.)
15.哨声响起时我们的足球队正在做最后的挣扎//拼搏。(Our football team are at their last gasp when the whistle went.)
16.她听到那消息后大惊失色。(She paled with shock at the news.)
17.那个问题比较起我们正在讨论的这一个来就显得无足轻重了。(That issue pales into insignificance beside the one we are discussing now.)
18.我现在心绪烦乱如麻。(I’m in a confused state of mind.)
19.多好的机会呀,可让我给搞砸了。(It was such a good opportunity, but I messed it up!)
20.一丝淡淡的笑容从她脸上掠过。(A faint smile drifted across her face.)
本文来自:快速记忆法 http://www.jiyifa.cn/dp-bbsthread-9245.html